Two kinds of tests are available for Covid-19: viral tests and antibody tests.
- A viral tests tells you if you have a current infection.
- An antibody test tells you if you had a previous infection.
State of Texas Map of Covid-19 viral and antibody testing: click here
The following locations offer free coronavirus testing but require that you call ahead to get screened before showing up to the test:
Harris County/ City of Houston
People can visit ReadyHarris.org or TXCOVIDTest.org to use an online screening tool or call the Houston Health Depart's Covid-19 call center at 832-393-4220 to be screened. People who meet testing criteria will receive a unique identification code and instructions on where to go for testing. These sites only accept people with a unique identification code obtained through the screening process. Those who show up without an identification code will not get tested.
- Butler Stadium: 13755 S Main St., Houston, TX 77035
- Delmar Stadium: 2020 Mangum Rd., Houston, TX 77092
- Worthing High School: 9215 Scott St., Houston, TX 77051
Here are the free coronavirus testing sites that do NOT require you to call and get screened first: United Memorial Medical Center offers free COVID-19 drive-thru testing at three different locations. For more information people can at umm screening.com or call 281-618-8500.
- UMMC Main Campus: 510 Tidwell, Monday-Thursday 8AM-8PM; Fridays 8am-6PM
- Smart Financial Center in Sugar Land: 1811 Lexington Blvd., Sugar Land, TX, Monday-Friday 10AM-4pm
- Forest Brook Middle School: 7525 Tidwell Rd., Monday-Friday 10am-4pm
- Cullen Middle School: 6900 Scott St., Monday-Friday 9AM-4PM
- Barnett Sport Complex: 6800 Fairway
Beyond the free testing, there are quite a few other Coronavirus testing locations that will charge a fee that may be covered by insurance.
- Next Level Urgent Care: Clinics throughout the greater Houston area are now able to offer a full panel of respiratory testing, including COVID-19. They don't have to follow CDC guidelines for who can get tested. Pattens will know pithing 24 hours to two days results.
- UTMB Health: Patients with symptoms of respiratory illness, including cough, fever or shortness of breath, should contact the UTMB Health Access Center at 800-917-8906 to speak with our 24/7 nurse hotline. The nurse hotline will advise the patient on what to do next, including the most appropriate clinic location for evaluation, if needed. Once a patient arrives at the reccomended location, they will be seen by a provider and likely given a flu test. If the flu test is positive, the patient will be treated for flue as appropriate. If the flue test is negative, the provider will recommend whether a COVID-19 test is warranted.
- Memorial Hermann: Memorial Hermann exist provides two easy ways to connect online 24/7 with a Memorial Hermann Urgent Care provider to receive diagnoses and treatment plans. Visit website for screening:memorialhermann.org/virtual-care/evist/ Within 30 minutes, a provider will review your answers and respond with a diagnosis and treatment plan. The cost is $25. If you are told to take a COVID-19 test, they will tell you where to go. Your COVID-19 test results schooled be available within 7-14 days. Memorial Hermann will call you if your test is positive.
- Goose Creek ISD-Stallworth, 2102 East Archer Rd., Baytown, TX 77521
- Katy ISD-Legacy Stadium, 1830 Katyland Dr., Katy, TX 77493
- Legacy Community Health: All nine Legacy Community Health offer COVID-19 testing for symptomatic people determined to be at-riskl. People may visit legacycommuityhealth.org or call 832-548-5000 to be screened. Legacy offers testing on a sliding fee scale, and the clinic bills insurance companies for those who are covered.
- Legacy Bissonnet: 12667 Bissonnet
- Legacy Fifth Ward: 3811 Lyons Av
- Legacy Mapleridge: 6550 Mapleridge St
- Legacy Montrose: 1415 California S.
- Legacy Northline: 5598-A1 North Freeway
- Legacy San Jacinto: 4301 Garth #400, Baytown
- Legacy Santa Clara: 5616 Lawndale St.
- Legacy Sharpstown: 6677 Rookin St.
- Legacy Southwest: 6441 High Star Dr.
- My Family Doctor: Drive-thru testing site at 6430 Hillcroft Street open Monday through Friday 9AM to 4pm. This site currently is cash-only and limited to high-risk people with symptoms. Visit covid19drivethru.com for more information.
- MD Medical Group: Clinicas Mi Doctor and MD Kids Pediatrics, two Houston MD Medical Group clinics, offer drive-thru C
OVID-19 testing by appointment. People can request an appointment by calling or testing 888-776-5252 or visiting mdmecicalgroup.us
Posted by Boulevard Realty on